BEING THE TEXT OF THE ADDRESS BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE OF THE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC) PRESIDENTIAL RALLY, LAGOS STATE, SENATOR GANIYU OLANREWAJU SOLOMON, ON WEDNESDAY, 23RD OF NOVEMBER, 2022, AT RADISSON BLU HOTEL, IKEJA.
- It is my pleasure to address the good people of Lagos State through the entire media on the All-Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential rally scheduled to hold on Saturday, 26th November, 2022, between 11am and 2pm, at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere.
- The event holds a promise for mass attendance by members of our great party and members of the general public because of the popularity of our Presidential Candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who has remained the most consistent, the biggest contributor and the most visible democratic icon since the advent of this dispensation in 1999.
- You may wish to recall that he excelled as a Senator of the Federal Republic representing Lagos – West Senatorial District, and as the Governor of Lagos State between 1999 and 2007. Therefore, the event is like a homecoming for our leader and mentor who has become a national pride.
- I wish to seize this opportunity to invite all our party leaders and members to this epoch making and carnival – like event as it gives an opportunity for our Presidential Candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to address the people on his manifestoes aptly tagged: ‘RENEWED HOPE’.
- As a responsible political party, it is imperative to seek the cooperation of members of the general public as regards the need for temporary diversion of traffic and mass movement of supporters within the vicinity of the rally.
- We need to reassure you that the Nigerian Police Force, LASTMA, and other law enforcement agencies will be fully mobilized to ensure an event devoid of the security infractions and traffic disruptions.
- It is also important to enjoin all participants to be of good conduct and display our characteristics peaceful conduct at our party event.
- Thank you for coming. God bless you all.
Senator Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon
Chairman, Local Organising Committee (LOC),
APC Presidential Rally.