Compiled by Cde. Oluwaseun Okunnuga
THE GOD FACTOR
Ii is well said in every sense that “The thinking of a Man is not the thinking of God”…For immediately IDRIS appeared on the political horizon in sure-LERE, the inhabitants instantly knew that the much awaited “MOSES”, so to speak, had in fact arrive to “LEAD” them out of the Woods; from the clutches of Domination, Poverty, and Underdevelopment. But, to few others, the question foxes their mind: ‘Can IDRIS make the difference’ or ‘will he sustain the status quo?
Indeed, his simple and humble nature did not reflect it, but IDRIS is a Political Grassroots Mobilizer per excellent. He has been a “silent mobilizer” since the defunct AC, ACN, and the current governing APC…as Lagos State Youth Leader. Over the years, his “Distinguished” exploits in various capacities have shown beyond iota of doubt that he is Articulate, Pragmatic, and vision-oriented middle-aged man who can usher in the much-awaited “Progressive Wind of Change” via “Socio-economic” revival and invigorating “Political repositioning”, which the good people of suru-LERE have been thirsty for.
It is true that before his recent successful “SCREENING”, he has got himself prepared with the realities on ground; having exhaustively toured virtually all major Communities that made up the suru-LERE Local Government Area alongside his Campaign Team: “The Solidarity Group”. This was immediately followed by series of meetings with Party Leadership and Youths, and Opinion Leaders of virtually all the Communities within the Council. In the end, the amiable Idris agreed with his team that only “Elegant” plans and “Radical” steps could tackle the problem and salvage the people. “..We discovered that why some problems persisted is because past leaders, in spite of their acknowledged concerted efforts, did not tackle the “root causes”, Idris said. He added: “You know, every problem has it’s root, just has every standard building has a sub-structure. And unless we get to the root of the problem, there is no way we can uproot it.”
Accordingly, the Idris realizes that, once ELECTED TO SERVE, the only feasible “Solution” is to plan for the “Long run” in repositioning suru-LERE LGA hitherto relegated to the background in the scheme of things in Lagos State. Sure, he saw the “FUTURE” with impressive clarity hence, his first attention would be to “Avoid Beaten Tracks” – and act with “Speed” when the moment arrives to “Transform” the jangling condition of infrastructure and development within the Communities.
THE IDRIS I KNOW
What sets IDRIS apart is “Mental Picture”: He ‘Thinks’ differently – and ‘Dislikes’ ceremonial trappings of grandeur. And while it is true that he has a mien look, the truth is he radiates a Tough Interior! What is more, he speaks less, but plans more. Imbued with a flair for penetrative observation, the sense of “Duty” is ever present in him. Yes, he has many friends, yet is truest friend is his “Principle” and superlative “Integrity”. But there is something more: IDRIS is a firm believer in “Communal Liberalism”.
1) If elected as Chairman, IDRIS’s “Style” would not be to create a new kind of leadership as most Chairmen do, but to simply demystify “Authority” and play down his status – as “Servant Leadership” – and work to establish a “Reputation” for one outstanding quality: Proficiency. He once said of it: “If elected, we would be there to serve and not to be served.”
2) While his “VISSION” include bequeathing a legacy of Prosperity, Happiness and Contentment to succeeding generations, his “MISSION” is, but not limited to, “Galvanizing” the entire Membership of APC in suru-LERE in a manner which would ensure a sense of belonging, where the administration of the party would appropriately represent “Plurarity” of Social Status, Professions and Gender.
3) If elected as Chairman, IDRIS will put in place an effective “Project Management” and Programme Management Discipline” that boost Timing, Achievement of desired outcomes and ensuring that Developmental Projects do deliver as planned. His action steps would be summed thus:
- Making Timely Decisions
*Encouraging Creative Ideas
*Giving Regular, Explicit and Comprehensive Feedbacks on Performance and
- Proving Personal Support.
4) From the incipience of his administration as Chairman, IDRIS would operate an “Open-Door Policy”…He would be at home with the influential and Commoners alike, especially ènikeni who suffers deprivation or injustice.
All said, TIME is an ephemeral phenomenon and, perchance, history would be kind in making Aregbe Idris the next Executive Chairman of suru-LERE LGA. However, if suru-LERE must become GREAT again, this must become true: They Must develop a kind of “Dangerous Unselfishness” – and VOTE IDRIS
“….The moving finger writes and having writ moves on.”